Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A Horse Walked Into A Bar

I love this book. I have no qualifications to judge "best" but if someone asked me my "favourite" contemporary novel, I would say A Horse Walked Into A Bar by Author David Grossman and Translator Jessica Cohen.

According to Wikipedia, it won the 2017 Man Booker International Prize. Of more relevance to me is this comment: The judges said they had been "bowled over by Grossman's willingness to take emotional as well as stylistic risks".

One of my favourites from the book is: "Every one of them was like a rough draft of an actual human being. . . Beleive me, out of ten of them you could put together maybe one normal person."

Don't you just want to roll around in that prose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home